In case you haven’t guessed by now…I love sweets.
More specifically, chocolate. Like, I LOVE it. I would easily be categorized as a “choco-holic”… and I’m totally okay with that. But that’s lucky for you, because I’m always on the lookout for new and healthy treats to make, eat, and share with my family, and you! I’m of the firm belief that everyone needs a little chocolate in their lives (unless you are allergic. In that case, I feel very, very sad for you).
See, I told you I was serious about my love of chocolate. And if I’m being totally honest, my husband and kids feel the same way. The family who chocolates together stays together. Look at that, I just turned chocolate into a verb. *virtual high five*!
With all of this chocolate talk, I need a fix. You too? Ok, good…we can stay friends.
So I found this super easy and quick (and healthy – gasp) recipe that I think you will love. The original recipe was found on Feel Great in 8‘s blog. I made a few changes, but not because the original recipe was unhealthy…I just didn’t happen to have almond flour, and I like to add in essential oils into my recipes whenever possible….and I added in chocolate chips, duh.
- 1 medium zucchini shredded (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used natural peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbls whole wheat flour (or almond flour for gluten free)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 drop d?TERRA Cinnamon Essential Oil (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (see affiliate link for they kind we prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 3 mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Shred zucchini with hand grater or food processor. Squeeze as much excess water out as possible. A cloth hand towel works great for this!
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (expect chocolate chips), and mix well with hand mixer, until creamy and a dark chocolate color.
- Use a spatula to gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into mini loaves - slightly over half full.
- Bake for 25 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Slice and Enjoy!
- *Store in airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long!) or freeze for later!