I swear, when I tasted this dip, the clouds parted, and Angels sang an angelic chorus of hallelujahs. This stuff is, in short, AMAZING.
We don’t have lots of dinner parties, so this will really be a nice little snack to keep handy for myself and my mountain man (yes, he’s already approved of this dip!), but it’s super tasty and could easily be served for a gathering or party, and I promise, it will be a HIT. You can serve it with your favorite corn chip, baguette, toasted pitas, or even carrots!
9 times out of 10, I have to really manipulate a recipe to make it “real food” approved.
I really didn’t have to stray with this one. I just made sure I used all organic / non-GMO ingredients. You need to make this one. I promise it’s well worth the teeny tiny bit of effort. So with that, I send a big THANKS over to the folks at The Recipe Wench, for this amazing treat!
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 3-4 medium garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 2 Tbls onion (minced)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper (or more to taste)
- 10-20 oz. fresh baby spinach (really, as much as you want...the more the better, in my opinion)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup organic mayo
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables have softened. Scoop the mixture out and set aside in a large bowl.
- To the skillet, add half of your spinach and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Once the spinach starts to wilt, add the remaining spinach, and season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- As soon as the spinach is wilted, pour the spinach into a colander to drain and cool off. When spinach is cool enough to handle, gently squeeze out as much water as you can. You can do this in small handfuls, or use a clean cloth dish towel to roll the spinach in and twist the water out.
- Finely chop the spinach and add it to the carrot mixture in the bowl. Stir to break up the clumps of spinach.
- Stir in mayo, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
- Cover and store in fridge to "marry" the flavors.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings before serving. Enjoy!