I have come to really love pasta salad.
It’s easy to throw together (less than 15 minutes from ingredients to belly), healthy and delicious. Plus, it’s the perfect side dish to keep on hand, to add to pretty much any meal…or to eat as a tasty mid-day snack!
Sadly, this is one thing that no one else in my house will eat (yet). But that just means more for me! 😉
I realize many of you haven’t gotten your hands on the newest 100 Days of Real Food: Fast and Fabulous cookbook yet. So I feel it’s my duty to share some of those recipes with you all, here. So be on the lookout for more simple and quick meals and side dishes like this, in the future. But you can always follow the affiliate link below and buy a copy for yourself! I promise you won’t regret it! 😉
I’ll admit that I have never been a huge fan of pasta salad.
Truly, I have no idea why. But I do know that this recipe is delicious and tangy, and I love it. And I think you will love it, too.
While you are boiling your pasta, just whisk up the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl with your spinach. Add the mixture and stir well to combine. Eat right away (this actually tastes great when it’s warm), or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 8 oz whole-grain small pasta of choice (I used rotini, but you can use fusili, mini penne, or macaroni as well!) cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves - shredded
- 1/3 cup freshley grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic - crushed or microplaned
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and spinach - set aside.
- In a small/medium bowl add remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture over pasta and spinach and stir well to combine.
- Serve right away, or refrigerate up to 5 days.